Sunset

Sunset

Friday, July 9, 2010

Tool #4

There was truly much to explore in google docs. I foresee many uses with google docs in the near future especially with my team. It would have been good to have known about this feature a year ago because my sister and I did plan and organize our 2009 family reunioun here in Houston. I know my sister would have loved the spreadsheet feature within google docs. She is all about spreadsheets. She uses spreadsheets to organize everything. It's the accountant in her. I will definitely need to become more adept in using google docs because I would like to use this feature in my classroom. I can set up a google doc to conference with my students during the writing process and speed up my responses to my students work. The students could use google docs to aid in peer editing, sharing and so much more. I did explore the http://docs.google.com to explore creating business cards. In addition, google reader is definitely a great way to manage many sites and blogs that I follow. I will definitely have to continue with more follow up using google. I have so much to learn. I know that technolgy is growing and I respect that; however, it is not easy for me to sit in front of a computer...I am not disciplined because I am use to moving about. Technology has not been big on my list, but I will have to change my mind set...slowly, but surely. As long as I have support I can get there.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Monique, nice to see you going ahead in this new journey. I think you will be devising some use of this tools for our grade level meetings. We will try to be prepared to share and cooperate as a team. Luis Cordero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are seeing real life connections to what you are learning about here. I know that the tools that you are learning about here will make you an even better teacher! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, I agree with everything that you said. Like you, I see lots of possibilities to support not only our work but the students' learning as well. I also need to work harder on learning more about these tools and of course with support, I know I'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete